Jump to Navigation


Rules Extracted from EU Document WORK PROGRAMME 2008 PEOPLE (European Commission C(2007)5740 of 28 November 2007) -- see for more details CORDIS web site as well as the following presentation.

Early Stage Researcher (LTF and STF posts) researchers in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers, including the period of research training, starting at the date of obtaining the degree which would formally entitle them to embark on a doctorate either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the initial training activities are provided) irrespective whether or not a doctorate is envisaged. (article III.1 of Annex III)

Experienced Researcher ´╗┐´╗┐means researchers: 1) already in possession of a doctoral degree, independently of the time taken to acquire it or 2) having at least 4 years of research experience (full-time equivalent) after obtaining the degree which formally allows them to embark on a doctorate in the country in which the degree/diploma was obtained or in the country where the initial training activities are provided. (article III.1 of Annex III). Additional restriction comes from III.3 article of Annex III:
c) Qualifications and research experience
- Experienced researchers as defined in Article III.1, within the first five years of their career in research.

Moreover, following restrictions further apply:

Nationality Researchers can be nationals of any country other than the country of the premises of the host organization where they will carry out their project.
* researchers with more than one nationality: can be recruited in the country of nationality in which he/she has not resided during the previous 5 years
* researchers who have legally resided and have had their principal activity (work, studies, etc) in a third country for at least three out of the last four years

Mobility Researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity in the country of the host for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment

In addition to the EU rules below, you will need to satisfy local regulations for the country in which you wish to work, which may mean you need a visa, work permit, etc.

If you have questions about your Nationality/Mobility eligibility, contact us. Since there are several positions offered within this network, we may suggest you to find the eligible one.

Main menu 2

about seo